Sunday, January 5, 2014

oh hey, I'm ONE [14 months]







Fourteen months old today! I now officially have two modes of existing, full speed ahead, or sleeping. That's about it.  The truth is, the world is just too big, and too amazing to stay still for more than a few seconds.  Now that I've been walking for four months I've mastered my quick step, running down slight inclines, and being chased by my friends and family makes me squeal with delight.  Besides running and twirling, I'm also quite the expert climber [much to my mom's dismay]. Thankfully, I haven't had any bad falls yet, but I'm sure I'm due for one soon.

This past month included Christmas where my stash of goodies increased.  I'm now the proud owner of my very own kitchen, and I love getting to make everyone some pretty awesome imaginary food.  I've mastered mixing all my ingredients together and serving them to others on a spoon.  Sure, I still love getting into mom and dad's kitchen, but now I have options for food preparation. Besides cooking, I'm really starting to show interest in books, as you can probably see here.


Mom would say my biggest milestone this past month was when I learned how to drink from a straw. I've been chewing on the ends of straws for months now, but just never figured out the whole sucking thing.  Some may say it happened by accident, but once I got my first taste of water from that straw, it was game on.  Mom even got me my own special cups with straws, I am drinking enough water to satisfy the amount of water I haven't been drinking for months.  Mom is also getting to experience what a real wet diaper is like, but hey, she still seems really happy about the whole situation, so there you go.


On the food front I haven't been eating too many different things this month.  In fact, the past couple of weeks I've been working on two of my molars, and so I've been preferring a fruit filled diet.  Mom is still pushing me to eat other goodies, but it doesn't always happen.  Instead, while working on teeth nine and ten, I really just prefer a good amount of boobie snacking, so mom being home from work for winter break has really worked out for me.  Besides my new teeth, I'm wearing 12 month clothing pretty well, and we'll just say I'm bringing back the capri pant, because that's my only option right now. Thankfully I live in California, and a little of my leg showing isn't a bad thing.  I'm still in size two diapers and wearing shoe sizes 3-5 depending on brand.  Even though I walk well with my shoes, I do love to be barefoot and can be seen ripping my socks off if I just can't stand them anymore.
until next month...
-everly mae

No comments:

Post a Comment