Wednesday, March 19, 2014

piggie tails and artsy afternoons







Now that the weather is gorgeous, and the days are longer, we are taking advantage of spring by getting our art on.  When we were kids, my sister and I were always doing some type of art, and I hope that Everly will enjoy creating as much as we did, and still do today.  Now that we are moving past eating everything, and starting to listen when I ask her not to eat something other than food, crayons and paints are becoming a fun way to spend the afternoon.
Painting went surprisingly well.  I was picturing her covered head to toe in paint, but after I showed her where to put the paint, she did pretty well of keeping her painting on the paper.  And while we are on the conversation of some firsts, check out those piggie tails!  After three tries, I finally found the right little hair ties for her baby locks.  Now mind you, she still cries when I'm taking the 30 seconds to put in her piggie tails,  but she left them in for the rest of the night.  So now we just need to have daddy practice of the art "doing hair". 

mom blogger note: completed this post before work - turns out being out of the classroom for a district training is practically like a Saturday - work from 8:30 to 3:00 with an hour lunch, this is the life!


No comments:

Post a Comment