Wednesday, April 30, 2014

water baby and counting down days

The school year is almost done - only one full week of school, and a bunch of "special weeks" that include minimum days, three-day weekends, and teacher work days.  I always love the feeling of planning out the rest of my year, and the best part, this year is the first year, ever, that I know what and where I will be teaching next year.  No boxes, no moving my things, no anxiety attacks about what curriculum I will be required to teach [and know] next year.  I just get to end the year with an amazing group of students who I am so thankful will get to come by and say hi to me next year, and know where to visit me in the future when they are super successful teens and young adults [again, something that has never happened before]. 
So for now, I am counting down the days with extra glee this year.  I will enjoy the warm afternoons, and savor each day off this summer where I am not spreading my time between Everly and writing a thesis.  Right now, you can find me poolside, loving my little water baby in the afternoons, gearing up to teach her how to swim this year [serious goal people].
These photos were taken on Easter.  Another thing to be thankful for, weather that allows for swimming after an egg hunt.  And yes, I found good use for the infant bottles and sippy cups that Everly pretty much never used - this kid poured water for a good thirty minutes before moving on to the next big thing.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe another school year is almost over! Your sweet girl looks 100% happy in that pool. Thanks for reminding me that I need to get ours out. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, this year has flown by. I can't believe that I am finishing up my 7th year of teaching. Yes, Everly is obsessed with that pool - life is good, and yes, get yours out!!! The boys will be in heaven!

      Delete