Monday, July 4, 2016

happy birthday america

the older I get, the more patriotic I become.  you really have to understand how lucky our freedoms are to truly appreciate being an american.  this morning we joined in our neighborhood bike parade led by firemen and a police officer, and it was pretty perfectly american.  families all coming together to just enjoy a walk around the neighborhood, adorned with lots of red, white, and blue, and dogs. we decorated everly's wagon yesterday [which originally belonged to her auntie] and she couldn't wait to wear her captain america dress and american lovin' costume jewelry today in celebration.  I wasn't sure if we were going to make it to the parade, since it started at 9 a.m., and we were up late watching the large firework display that the local country club is nice enough to shoot off in perfect view of my neighbor's driveway.  can I just say, I'm in love with my little slice of the suburbs, and pretty in love with my country, and my kid.  that's all.
once the mr. and baby wake up, it's time for more celebrating!

No comments:

Post a Comment