Tuesday, November 8, 2016

I'm with her - for her

today, I voted.
today, I voted for a woman.
not because she is a woman.
but because I believe in what she believes in.
I believe that she will make this country what it needs to be.
I'm glad that my daughter is too young to realize what our country has just gone through.
I'm glad she hasn't heard a man running for president say what he has said.
and run on a platform I could never imagine.

so, today I voted.
and my vote was for a woman.
and when I voted for this woman,
I thought of this little girl.
because she deserves this woman,
to be our president.
and please, let's not forget,
getting to vote for a woman, means a whole lot.
and we can feel like it's a pretty big moment, because it is.
I'm with her - for her.

1 comment:

  1. I was not prepared to read this today and it definitely made me cry.

    ReplyDelete