Thursday, July 9, 2015

mom life, and friends

When all is said and done, being a mom is busy, and even though it looks easy in the movies, being a mom with an active playdate schedule is hard.  Maybe it's because I'm a working mom most of the year, or maybe it's just because I've always had to work to be social as I've gotten older, but whatever it is, I do find it to be challenging.  For the month of June [seriously, where did half my summer go?!?] I was pretty anti-social.  And I was okay with it.  Ev and I were enjoying our time together, and spending lots of time with family.  But July rolled around and I realized that I need to get social, and social I have gotten.  I have some amazing friends, and these amazing friends have busy lives too.  So I made it a personal goal to start setting up some playdates, and mind you, those playdates can be with friends with no kiddos, because really, my child is pretty used to the older crowd. However, this week we had the best of both worlds.  Lunch with a mommy/teacher friend, and her two adorable daughters.  These girls made me so happy to see together, and it reminded me why I need to continue to work on making time for friends.
Everly couldn't wipe the smile off her face when she was holding hands with Aubrey.  These girls have a very similar energy level, and man, is it a breath of fresh air to have Everly socialize with little girls that act like, well, little girls.  She was so sad when we left our lunch playdate that she was literally a scene from Inside Out.  Anger was quickly out of the gates, and then Sadness, but she rebounded pretty quickly when I let her know we were going to visit her Grammie at work, yes, there was Joy.  It's all about redirection, right?!?

And now it's time for me to get ready, because we are visiting Jess for the next two days, and I'm not sure who is more excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment