Wednesday, November 25, 2015

we brought disneyland to the party

I used to throw a party for just about everything.  I literally remember making 'welcome spring' cupcakes one year.  Well, now that I'm a busy grown up, I find I only really throw one party a year, Everly's birthday party.  I really loved bringing this party to life, even if it left my husband a tad confused with my crazy vision. But in the end, it was exactly what I hoped for.  And Everly had a blast.


Party Details:

All signs painted by either myself or my sister Meg.  The cake was of course Wine cake, Everly's favorite recipe from her Grandma Pennie.  We recreated a typical 'kids meal' from Disneyland, choosing Pizza Port as our inspiration, and the kids loved it.  It was the only time they were still and quiet, signs of success.  Drinks were served in classic 'take out' cups, thanks to the Mr. for working in the grocery industry, this little detail was a bargain.  The Mad Hatter Lanterns are from Ikea, and now are hanging in Everly's room.  The invites I designed using an image of an "E" ticket, then added the party details over the ticket.  The Minnie Mouse Ears were a favorite detail of mine - they really made the party feel like Disneyland.  They were all created by hand by my mom and myself.  Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy Treats were favors I made using a pancake mold the Mr. bought from Disneyland the trip he proposed to me.  For the flower arrangements I used some classic soda bottles 
that I had been saving to use for 'some occasion', and thankfully the flower lady I love was not at the Farmer's Market when I needed her, causing me to go in another direction.  Turns out carnations were the exact flower I needed for a true Disneyland feel.  

No comments:

Post a Comment