Tuesday, July 3, 2012

easy as pie

this year I wanted to try something new for the 4th of july
and I had pinned this ridiculously easy recipe a while back
so I figured I would give baking cake cookies a shot
 now I just hope that they taste as great as they look

here's how easy they are to make:
1 box of yellow cake mix
2 eggs beaten
5 T melted butter
2 cups M&Ms or mini chocolate chips [I went for a patriotic twist]

mix all ingredients together and bake at 350F for 25 minutes
I put mine in a pie dish so mine took a little longer to bake
the original recipe called for a 9X13 pan
so do as I did and check often!
thanks to I'm a Lazy Mom for the recipe

now officially one step closer to getting my 4th of july on tomorrow!