Thursday, April 17, 2014

Wright's Beach [part I]

When my best friend and I met over 11 years ago, we had no idea that we had so much more in common than our love of food.  Turns out, we also had very fond childhood memories of Bodega Bay.  I love that she and her husband still live close to this quaint little ocean town, and when the stars align, we all get to visit.  My family used to camp in the largest motor home we could park in the beach front spaces of Wright's Beach.  And even though I haven't camped here since I was a young teen, I love taking a quick day trip to the beach and enjoy the sand.  Getting to bring Everly here is one of my favorites and I know it will be a place she remembers fondly too.

We got to the beach in the early afternoon and it was pretty typical Bodega Bay, cool, breezy, and overcast.  That didn't stop us one bit.
Yes, at one point we literally put two sweaters on Everly.
We still were barefoot, and loved burying feet, finding foot steps, 
and pretty much smitten with baby toes.
Yes, we take much better candid shots of Everly
than planned family photos.
Did I mention my daughter's favorite phrase right now is "NO"?!?
And yes, sometimes you do have four adults and two cameras
to one child, I promise I'm working on a well rounded only child.
And because I also got a new memory card while on vacation,
I took WAY too many photos, so I had to break up the trip into two posts
Spoiler alert - the sun came out!

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure what her expression is telling Mike in that second pic but I feel as though it is serious. Maybe it's about the gnats. And I take full blame for the limited selection of family pics. I clearly just needed to be snapping from the moment you guys sat down and have someone else getting Everly's attention.

    ReplyDelete