Friday, June 10, 2016

three going on seventeen [mini-film]

a while back everly asked to show me her new tricks that are pretty "tricky."  of course, there was a certain song that she needed to be played for her moves.  it was a song that her dad had played for her while I was teaching, and of course I had no idea what she meant when she said, "you know, the song from last year."  seriously, that was my only hint, which isn't really a clue because she uses the phrase 'last year' to describe pretty much anything that has happened in the past, whether it be a minute a go, or literally last year.  thankfully a quick text message while daddy was at work and we were ready for showtime.

we have spent many afternoons dancing in the backyard, and because she's never going to be this free again, I had to capture her 'tricky tricks'.

17 from Lyndsay Lewis on Vimeo.
Alessia Cara - Seventeen
and really, the song couldn't be better for these feelings, except I want to keep her at three...

No comments:

Post a Comment