once the mr. and baby wake up, it's time for more celebrating!
Monday, July 4, 2016
happy birthday america
the older I get, the more patriotic I become. you really have to understand how lucky our freedoms are to truly appreciate being an american. this morning we joined in our neighborhood bike parade led by firemen and a police officer, and it was pretty perfectly american. families all coming together to just enjoy a walk around the neighborhood, adorned with lots of red, white, and blue, and dogs. we decorated everly's wagon yesterday [which originally belonged to her auntie] and she couldn't wait to wear her captain america dress and american lovin' costume jewelry today in celebration. I wasn't sure if we were going to make it to the parade, since it started at 9 a.m., and we were up late watching the large firework display that the local country club is nice enough to shoot off in perfect view of my neighbor's driveway. can I just say, I'm in love with my little slice of the suburbs, and pretty in love with my country, and my kid. that's all.