let's just say when I was planning for my babe almost seven years ago, everything felt a bit different. there are SO many amazing baby goodies these days. sure, we had all the unnecessary gear that you really don't need for a baby on the market, but now they have it and more and it is SO stinkin' cute. I felt like before it was easy to say no to those ridiculous products because let's face it, they were quite unattractive. no I didn't want that ugly thing to trip over to land on that cheesy looking thing. so we were able to keep it pretty basic.
however, now it seems that trying to decide on just three cribs sheets - good luck! and not just the cuteness factor, there is also four thousand different types of cotton to decide from. seriously people, too many options for these moms-to-be.

good thing we had some very patient employees at nordstrom that were willing to explain every little feature of every stroller, carseat, etc. and did we make some decisions, yes, I think so. ev was such a trooper throughout it all, and even got a balloon out of it. it wasn't until after I posted the picture that I realized she probably picked the blue balloon for the new little man in her life, because she never picks blue balloons.
oh everly, I cannot wait to see you in little helper mode with this baby boy!