well another first day of school is in the books
and all in all I would say it was a success
I think the funniest part for me going from 8th grade back down to 6th
and how little these guys seemed to me
I remember back in the day when I taught 6th grade the kids seemed so grown up
but, with that being said I was coming off of teaching kindergarten
so just about anyone seemed giant
today I started off with the best way I know how to start the year off
talking about myself
I do this through a little True/False quiz with random facts about me
(and hearing their reasoning for their answers was pretty impressive)
as well as a "grab bag" of items that are special or personal to me
it seems key for me to have my kids quickly realize I am not a robot
and that they just might actually have something in common with me
whether it be sports, my love of harry potter, or maybe even being left-handed
so today was mostly about me
and tomorrow will mostly be about them
and then onto some "real" routines on monday
and yes, I am loving having school start on a Thursday
that was a change this year, and I hope we keep it around
