Friday, May 20, 2016

Yosemite National Park [mini film]

Last weekend we attended a gorgeous wedding in Yosemite. My family had never been before, excluding my nature husband of course, so getting to spend the weekend in this beautiful park was really the icing on the cake for this special day.

A few notes:

Yes, we were some of the first to experience the massive name change currently happening in Yosemite. All I have to say is typically I'm on board with branding and trademarks, but this situation is ridiculous.

Yes, my child is technically 'swearing'. That's what happens when toddler parrots listen to every word spoken by the adults around her. Oops. She never said it again after that moment.

Yes, we saw Bridal Falls. And yes, there was a major drop off on the other side of that little stone ledge. And yes, I was pretty much panic ridden that entire experience, especially when it seemed I was the only mom there thinking that death was a plausible situation at that moment in time. Seriously. It was crazy. I was thankful to have some extra hands to keep hold of my little one.

Yes, the wedding was gorgeous. And no, I do not have any ceremony footage. Cranky barefoot exhausted toddler in the Tula stopped that. But the reception is always my favorite. I think the cake cutting was perfection.

Yes, there were tears in the early dances. I mean, come on. Tears.

Yes, we made it to the valley floor on the last day. And yes, Yosemite is the Disneyland of nature. And yes, I may have made several Disneyland references while we were there, including that the "inside the mountain drive-thru tunnel" smelled like a Disney attraction.  And that the Grand Californian Hotel killed the Ahwahnee for me.  Great.

Hope you enjoy...

Yosemite from Lyndsay Lewis on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. Great video! I love Yosemite, but haven't been there in 30 years. I love seeing all of your happy faces! Miss you......♡

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video! I love Yosemite, but haven't been there in 30 years. I love seeing all of your happy faces! Miss you......♡

    ReplyDelete