Friday, August 4, 2017

disney's animal kingdom [mini film]

when getting the chance to visit disney world, something I never thought would happen, I quickly realized I needed to do a lot of research before getting off the plane.  I knew that we were going to have an extremely limited time in the parks, so we decided on a two day, single park ticket.  deciding on magic kingdom was a no brainer for me, but the second park was a little tricky.  so after spending some time on the disney world app, looking at the attraction listings, I decided on animal kingdom for the shear differences.  I knew that a day in this park would be unlike anything we have here in disneyland. 

we did enjoy our time in this park, and had one of the best meals I've had at a quick service at any disney park, however, I'm pretty sure that I'm having this be a one and done type of trip.  [that best meal was at the flame tree bbq by the way] animal kingdom just didn't have enough disney for me.  I guess I wanted more ears so to say.  it really was an animal park, and I guess I should have gotten that from the name, right?!?  but I just wanted a little more magic, something that would have got me dreaming of how in the world I was getting back to florida.


highlights really included the safari ride and the moment I got to sneak away and ride expedition everest in ten minutes through the single rider line.  that roller coaster would be the one attraction I would love to have back here in california, even though no one in my family would ride it with me!!! everly had a great time, and it was nice to have a pretty relaxed day.  even so, I really could have done with more rides.


this is her flamingo pose by the way, there's a glimpse of it in the mini-film too!


before going, ev and I spent time looking through different photos and videos of rides, especially 40" attractions.  we decided that 'dinosaur' sounded like a good idea, and I knew that it was going to be a little intense, but she was all in for the experience.  when getting into the vehicle, I quickly realized the ride had the same platform as indiana jones in disneyland.  however, unlike indiana jones where there are some dark and scary scenes, there are also some pretty amazing ride moments and views. however, on dinosaur, it is just dark and scary.  I couldn't see any real scenes, just blackness, and then a dinosaur head lurching out at you.  even if I wasn't having to be the concerned parent, I would not have enjoyed this attraction, it just didn't have the finished feel of indiana jones.


thankfully, one scary ride didn't stop everly from trying many other new experiences the next day in magic kingdom, including two big roller coasters!!!  so that was a relief, I was afraid I had possibly limited her experience in these new parks, but she was a trooper.  apparently, the covering of her eyes was enough to save the day!

here's our day...
Animal Kingdom from Lyndsay Lewis on Vimeo.

music from epidemic sound

No comments:

Post a Comment