Friday, December 29, 2017

five & christmas eve

this christmas was pretty magical.  first off, we had everly in bed and asleep by 10:00 p.m. on christmas eve.  this hasn't happened the past two years for various reasons, but somehow I finally figured out how to NOT have my kid sleep at any time during the day on the 24th, and it worked.  so, apparently I've learned something over the years.

however, most of the magic came straight from that little babe of mine.  as we were snuggled in bed, waiting for sleep to come, she kept opening her eyes up just a bit.  "mom, we forgot to clean the chimney!"  of course I responded it was already done days before - not to mention, we don't ever light fires, it cannot be that dirty.  not five minutes later... "mom, we didn't put the milk out for santa."  I assured her that was happening once she fell asleep, and that was a promise easy to keep.  her little head was clearly spinning of all things christmas, and magic, and presents, and it just made me remember how all of that felt as a kid.
^she had just one thing on her list from santa^
merry christmastime indeed
hoping to catch up on some serious blogging 
over the next week while I'm still off
we will see!